Privacy and Data Protection Notice
At Regency Casino Mont Parnes we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and personal data. We understand that you are aware of and care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously.
This Privacy and Data Protection Notice describes the information that Regency Casino Mont Parnes collects about you:
- How we use and protect this information.
- The choices you can make about how we use this information.
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will from time to time update and amend this Notice. So please check our website http://www.regencycasinos.gr/athens/en/ occasionally to ensure that you are aware of and satisfied with any changes.
- Who we are
We are “REGENCY CASINO MONT PARNES S.A.” (Regency Casino Mont Parnes), based at 49, Agiou Konstantinou Street, Maroussi, Attica. Regency Casino Mont Parnes is integrated with the Regency Entertainment group of activities, namely one of the leading enterprises providing casino and hospitality services in Greece. Through the operation of its three (3) business units, namely Regency Casino Mont Parnes, Regency Casino Thessaloniki and Hyatt Regency Hotel Thessaloniki, Regency Entertainment along with its 2,500 individuals, offers everyday unique entertainment experiences within a secure and pleasant environment.
- What type of information is collected from you?
- Name. We collect the given names (first name, family name) of clients when they fill in the registration form, or when they register a new as members (in such case father's name included), when they express interest in our services, or sign up for our newsletter, or participate in our competitions, draws and promotion activities.
- Date of birth and nationality. We collect the date of birth and the nationality of clients when they fill in the registration form or when they register a new as members.
- Email address. We collect the email address of clients when they fill in the registration form or when they register a new as members, when they express interest in our services, or sign up for our newsletter, or participate in our competitions, draws and promotion activities.
- Other contact information. We collect other contact information (such as phone number, postal address e.t.c.) of clients when they fill in the registration form or when they register a new as members to better inform them about our competitions, draws and promotion activities. We may also collect the vehicle license plate number for security purposes and information provision to clients while parking their vehicles in the casino's special areas.
- Suppliers’ data.We collect the trade names, the registered office address, the employees', executives' and legal representatives’ of our suppliers given names (first name, family name), their corporate e-mail addresses as well as phone numbers, for the performance of the required operations during our collaboration and for billing purposes as provided for by law.
- Tradedata. We collect only the necessary tax and relevant data of natural persons and legal entities (suppliers, clients and partners) trading with our company that is necessary for the execution of our financial transactions (billing and redemption). For example, VAT number, Tax Office, Bank and bank account they maintain.
- We try to minimize the risk to your rights and freedoms by not collecting or storing sensitive information about you.
- Where do we obtain the information from?
We obtain information about you when you fill in the registration form when you first visit the casino, when you express interest in our services, when you use our website, or if you register to receive one of our newsletters. We do not sell your information to anyone and only share it with third parties, within a strictly controlled and secure process, to facilitate the delivery of our services to you.
- How do we use (process) the information?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Provision of our services. For entering the Casino areas and participating in games, including the participation in video recorded poker tournaments.
- Marketing and/or other promotion actions. Participation in draws and competitions, update and promotion of advertising material via text messaging (SMS) or e-mail, or a newsletter we periodically send to all our subscribers. We may also add e-mails that we obtain from general inquiries to this list. Within each newsletter e-mail, an opt-out link is provided.
- Profiling of clients by participating in games for rewarding, award points and benefits.
- Collection of data for statistical purposes.
- Collection of data to participate in competitions, games, promotional actions, tournaments based on published regulations.
- Legal basis for the processing
- The processing of your information for entering casino areas and the provision of our services to you is based on our business relationship as well as on various Casinos’ regulatory and legal obligations towards the competent supervisory authority.
- The processing of your information, which is used for marketing and/or rewarding or promotion actions, is based on your consent.
- In certain cases, the processing of your information is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or of our compliance with national and/or European legislation.
- How long do we store your information?
- We retain your information for at least ten (10) years in accordance withthelegislativeandregulatoryframeworkofthecasinos’ operation. In cases ofimposing an entry ban and/or the departure off theCasino areas, your information is retained without time limitation on the basis of our obligation to keep history records resulting from the legislative and regulatory framework ofthecasinos’
- We retain information related to suppliers and other partners for at least fifteen (15) years to be able to meet our obligations to keep accurate records for tax or other administrative authorities.
- We store newsletter subscriber information or information of persons who gave their phone number for text messaging (sms) or telephone communication, to participate in our promotion activities until such persons indicate that they no longer want to receive newsletters or sms or telephone communication for information in terms of marketing and promotional activities.
7. Processing of personal data through a video surveillance system
- Purpose of processing of personal data and legal basis:
We are obliged to use a video surveillance system in compliance with a legal obligation (article 6 par. 1. c GDPR) resulting from the Regulation of Administrative Control and Supervision of the Operation of Casinos. In addition, we use the video surveillance system for the purposes of protection of individuals and goods. This processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a controller according to article 6 par. 1. f GDPR.
- Analysis of the legal obligation and our legitimate interests
- Legal obligation:
As a Casino, we are required by the "Regulation on the Administrative Control and Supervision of the Operation of Casinos" to use a closed, electronic audiovisual surveillance system (C.C.T.V.), to control the operation of the business, gambling and other cash-related processes. The video surveillance system is installed in most of our facilities with the exception of areas where the privacy of the persons whose image is being recorded may be excessively restricted, including their right to respect for personal data (W.C. areas).
- Legitimate interest:
Our legitimate interest consists in the need to protect our premises and the goods found herein from unlawful acts, such as theft. The same applies to the safety of life, physical integrity, health as well as the property of our personnel and third parties attending the supervised area.
- Recipients of personal data
The material retained is accessible by the competent / authorized person in charge of the safety of the area, the Audit Capability and any other member of the Body of Gambling Auditors, the competent bodies and services of the Hellenic Gaming Commission and other Authorized State Authorities.The material may also be transferred to the competent judicial, prosecutorial and police authorities when requesting data, on legitimate ground, in the exercise of their duties.
- Retention period
We are obliged to store and retain the CCTV data for a period of thirty (30) days, except in cases where a dispute and / or complaint has been raised. In these cases, the storage and availability of these data is required until the dispute is permanently resolved.
8.Safeguards taken to protect your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. To help protect the privacy of your information, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Among other things, we have implemented the following measures and procedures designed to protect your information from loss,misuse, unlawful processing or alteration:
- Use of servers with restricted access and subject to regular checks
- Use of IT systems and computer programs that are installed in a way that minimizes the use of personal data and/or user authentication data·
- Adoption of data retention and deletion policies·
- “Need-to-know” access to systems and databases.
9.When and how we share information with others?
Within the context of our activities, we rely on third-party service suppliers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your information with them. We provide our service suppliers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
In accordance with the Data Protection Legislation, you have rights, the exercise of which is subject to the conditions laid down in such legislation and to the strict restrictions resulting from the legislative and regulative framework of casinos.
You have the right to:
- Requestaccess to your personal information that we process.
- Rectify incorrect personal data or erase it.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
- Receive(under conditions) your data so that you can use it elsewhere.
- Where we process data based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time but this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the date that you withdrew your consent.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Greek supervisory authority, which is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (http://www.dpa.gr/).
It is noted that the legislative and regulatory framework of casinos’ operation restricts and may preclude some of the above rights.
11.Transferring of information outside the EU
Information we collect from you is not transferred thus nor processed outside the EU.
To learn more about cookies used on this site and how to apply your preferences, please follow this link.
13.How to contact us?
14.Version Information – Changes and Updates
This Notice was last updated on 21.05.2018.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy and Data Protection Notice at our website. We may e-mail periodic reminders of changes to and updates of this Notice, but you should check our website frequently to see the current Privacy and Data Protection Notice that is in effect.